Spicy Salsa Con Queso Dip
Serve this Spicy Salsa Con Queso Dip recipe warm with tortilla chips. Sure to be a party hit!
- 1 lb Mexican Velveeta Cheese, a 16 ounce package
- 1 lb Hot Jimmy Dean Sausage, a 16 ounce roll
- 10 oz can Ro-tel Diced Tomatoes and Habaneros
- Optional - 1 or more hot peppers, or a mix of hot peppers, choose from jalapeño, serrano, chili pepper, or habanero
- 1 large bag corn tortilla chips, or homemade tortilla chips
Remove stems from peppers, if using. Dice, leaving in seeds and membranes for more heat. Set aside. In a large skillet, crumble sausage. Cook until browned. Drain on paper towel.
Pour off excess grease, reserving small amount. Add diced peppers to skillet, if using. Sauté. Turn into large saucepan.
Cube cheese and add to pan. Melt cheese over low heat, stirring frequently. Mix in cooked sausage and canned tomatoes. Warm thoroughly. Serve with tortilla chips.
Crockpot Method—heat cheese cubes, canned tomatoes, cooked sausage and peppers in crockpot until cheese melts. Set crockpot to warm and serve.
FOR MILD SALSA CON QUESO substitute Velveeta Cheese–Regular, Jimmy Dean Sausage–Original or Regular, Ro-tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, and green bell pepper for the hot pepper[s].