Creamy avocados make this yummy guacamole dip recipe a party hit or pair with your favorite Mexican dish
- 2 small Hass avocados or 1 large avocado
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 large red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped, include seeds and membranes for more heat
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and pressed or minced
- 1 lime, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Slice avocado[s] in half, remove pit and skin. In a medium-size bowl, mash avocado with fork. Add chopped: tomato, onion, jalapeño, cilantro leaves. Add pressed garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Transfer to serving dish. Serve with corn tortilla chips or your favorite Mexican entrée.
Note: to save time, pulse onion, jalapeño, garlic, and cilantro in a small food processor instead of chopping by hand.